About the Doctor
“I’ve always been empathetic to people suffering from severe ailments and I choose to rise up to the level to be able to contribute in alleviating the conditions. The journey was long and I’ve been endowed with more than I hoped for, both in terms of achievements and the sense of complacency that comes with a Doctor’s service to the community. Today as one of the renowned and equally highly proficient in dealing with head and neck cancer, whom people bestow onto heavily, I feel I’m responsible more; beyond being ardently dedicated to the treatment of my patients, extricate the excruciating pain and distress that comes with fighting cancer or attending to their needs for post treatment wellbeing. It’s like I’m vouched to restrict the sprawl of oral cancer and attempt its whole eradication for people within my reach. ”
Dr Saurabh Gupta
An eminent and dynamic Oncosurgeon for head and neck cancer in New Delhi, Dr Saurabh Gupta had put in extensive years of specialty for healthcare education and thereafter, 7 long years into practice in the field of Oral Cancer, to excel at the treatment methods. The stage of the cancer matters, but he is most likely the possibility of survival or at least the best shot at it, when someone is diagnosed with oral cancer. Dr Gupta joined MBBS in 2001 benevolent intent of service to the mankind, and from there on followed the long journey to pursue knowledge and train extensively under experts in honing for being the solace to people suffering from oral cancer… his patients.
Dr Saurabh Gupta not only travelled across the country, but gained part of his expertise in oncosurgery from abroad; while being on his practice he went abroad for training on robotics surgery. He believe that in order to be empowered you need to not just have but excel at the right technologies and the minimally invasive robotic surgeries perhaps makes it easy for the dissections which are common type of surgery required in oral cancer treatment. Dr Gupta has been trained in TORS, Robotic thyroidectomy and Robotic Neck dissections under the guidance of Dr Yon Woo Koh, a pioneer in robotic thyroid & neck dissection surgeries at Yonsei University College of Medicine in Seoul, South Korea.
As a Dr involved in cancer treatment he has this basic approach to treatment regime that it needs to be a process dynamic and advanced; coping with cancer has never been easy and prevention has no alternatives which is why apart from his role as an efficient oncosurgeon in Delhi, he chooses to spread awareness within the prone communities about oral cancer hoping it’ll serve in the prevention; on the same perception he have also associated himself with several NGO’s serving the cause, one of them is ‘Sambandh’ which work for creating a healthy society by preventing and battling oral cancer caused by tobacco use. He assumed responsibilities in the direction of sensitizing various groups at community level on the issue of Anti-Tobacco campaigns and my field of study, i.e. head and neck surgery. For past few years, Dr Saurabh Gupta has been attending International Conferences and Seminars on the same to get a unified view and knowledge on how the world deals with oral cancer in hope of implementing some of it for his patients and vulnerable communities.
Currently working as consultant surgical oncologist, MAX cancer centre at Saket, New Delhi.
- Training in Robotic surgery: at Yonsei University College of Medicine in Seoul, South Korea.
- 2014: M.Ch. Surgical Oncology: College of Oncological Science, Cancer Institute (W.I.A) Adyar, Chennai
- 2010: M.S. General Surgery: Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education and Research, Surat, Gujarat.
- 2007: MBBS: Government Medical College, Surat, Gujarat
Training and Work Experience:
- Worked as registrar in the department of surgical oncology at Cancer Institute (W.I.A), Adyar, Chennai from Oct’2010 to June’2011
- Resident doctor surgical Oncology at Cancer Institute (W.I.A), Adyar, Chennai from 2011 to 2014
- Completed 1 year post M.Ch fellowship training in head & Neck Oncology at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre, New Delhi from oct’2014 to Oct’2015
- Former Attending Consultant, department of head & Neck Oncology at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre, New Delhi.
- Former trainee, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
- Robotic Head & Neck surgeries including TORS, Robotic thyroidectomy and Robotic Neck dissections
- Head & Neck Cancers and Reconstruction
Visiting Hours for OPDMax Smart Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
- Monday: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Wednesday: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM